Acceptable Use Policy
Rural 1st® (the “Association”) reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, a violation of any laws or the terms and conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy. The Acceptable Use Policy below describes certain actions relating to the content and operation of the website or social media site which the Association considers to be inappropriate and thus prohibited. The examples identified in this list are provided as examples only for your guidance. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact the Association. The Association’s right to remove inappropriate content under this Policy shall not place an obligation on the Association to monitor or exert editorial control over the website or social media site.
Actions which the Association considers inappropriate and grounds for removal of offending material or termination of access to the Website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using the website or social media site to sell any goods or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received or the goods or services delivered;
- Using the website or social media site to post any content that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, pornographic, contains nudity or sexual acts, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable;
- Using the website or social media site to post any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
- Using the website or social media site to post any content that holds the Association (including its affiliates), employees or shareholders up to public scorn or ridicule or would in any way damage or impair the Association’s reputation or goodwill;
- Using the website or social media site to post any content that violates any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of others;
- Failing to obtain all required permissions when using the website or social media site to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, or execute programs or perform other works protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and patent laws;
- Deleting or altering author attributes, copyright notices, or other copyright management information, unless expressly permitted in writing by the author or owner;
- Using the website or social media site in a tortious manner, including the posting of libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without the permission of the person(s) involved, or posting content that is likely to cause emotional distress; or
- Introducing viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code on the Internet.
The Association may revise in its sole discretion this Acceptable Use Policy, without prior notice. Any such changes shall be posted by the Association on its website (https://rural1st.com/acceptable-use-policy). You shall be responsible for periodically reviewing the online Acceptable Use Policy to apprise yourself of any changes thereto. You agree to be bound by all such changes.