Logging In for the First Time
- Go to Rural1st.com
- Click on the Online banking drop down in the upper right hand side of the screen. If you have not enrolled, select Enroll. If you have completed the enrollment, select Login. A new page will load with either option.
- Check if you have the necessary system requirements: (Internet Explorer 7.X - 9.X, Firefox 5.X -8.X, Safari 4.X or 5.X (Mac OS only) and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Add the email addresses email@example.com and CustomerSupport@Rural1st.com to your address book.
- To create your online account, enter your customer number, social security number or business identification number and click continue.
- Enter a few pieces of information to get started:
- Rural 1st loan account number
- Current principal balance of loan entered above
- User name
- Email address
- Internet connection preference
- Click continue.
- Review and accept the Master Online Banking Agreement by checking the e-sign box and clicking continue. You can save or print the agreement before clicking continue.
- Click to close browser and you will receive an email confirmation stating your enrollment is complete. If you do not receive an email within a few minutes, check your spam/junk mail folder. You can proceed to login without the email.
Register Challenge/Security Questions and Secret Phrase
On the initial login, the screens will walk you through the process of selecting and answering challenge questions and setting up a shared secret. You may be asked a challenge question from time to time to verify your identity. A shared secret is a phrase of your choice that you see on the password screen with each subsequent login. If you do not see the shared secret on the password screen after set up, stop immediately and call customer service at 1-855-353-2854 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or email at CustomerService@Rural1st.com.
- Go to www.Rural1st.com. Click on the Online Banking drop down and Select "Login."
- Enter your user name and click the Login button.
- Enter your password and click the Continue button.
- Select a challenge question from each of the lists provided and answer each question.
- Enter a shared secret that will display on the password screen each time you login after set up. Shared secrets must be a minimum of five characters. Once completed, click Continue.
- Answer the security questions and click OK. This helps us in case you forget your password.
- You will be taken to the online banking home screen.
How to Add a Bank Account
To make payments or disbursements in Online Banking, you must first add a bank account.
- From the Online Banking home page, select "Add a Bank Account" from the "I Would Like To" tools.
- Fill in the Routing Number, Account Number and Account Type (checking or savings) for the account.
- You may put in a memo or note to help you identify the transactions (This is NOT a required field).
- Indicate how the account may be used.
- Click "Save the Account."
- Accept the terms of the EFT agreement. To read or print the agreement, click the green "Agreement" link.
- The account has been successfully added.
- Click the "OK" button to exit when you are finished with your transaction.
How to Use Pay Now Automatic Payment
It’s easy to pay your Rural 1st bills online using our Pay Now feature in Online Banking.
- Click "Online Banking" and then select "Log In" to log in to your account.
- Click the "Pay Now" tab.
- Select the accounts you wish to pay and the bank account.
- Click on "Submit" and "Confirm." You will receive an email confirmation of the transaction.
If you are a first-time user, you will need to set up your bank account prior to using Pay Now. Bank accounts can be set up in Online Banking through the Transfer/Payment feature under Account Info/Payment. Once a bank account is set up, the Pay Now feature is available.
Internet Explorer 7.x - 9.x, Firefox 5.x - 8.x, Safari 4.x or 5.x (Mac OS only) and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Contact our E-Business support line at 1-855-353-2854 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or email at CustomerService@Rural1st.com.
How to Enroll in Online Banking
Enrollment takes only a few minutes and you may begin using your online account right away.
- From the Rural 1st home page, click the “Online Banking” drop down and select “Enroll” to begin.
- Enrollment is a two-step process. You must first register, then complete a few security steps as part of your initial log in. Your computer must meet the minimum system requirements as stated on the Enrollment screen.
- To begin, enter your Customer Number and Social Security number, or an EIN. Then click "Continue."
- Step Two requires that you enter a loan or lease account number and its corresponding balance. You will create a user name. The user name is not case-sensitive with future log-ins.
- Next, create a password and enter it twice. Passwords are case-sensitive and will need to be re-entered exactly the same way with each future logins.
- Enter your email address. Re-enter your email address. Select an online banking speed preference.
- Select a contact preference for special promotions or online banking updates and then click "Continue."
- Step Three allows you to print the Online Banking agreement and electronically sign it by checking the e-sign box. Then click "Continue."
- You’ve completed your Online Banking enrollment. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment. You should now proceed to the initial login. The initial login should be completed the same day you enroll.
How to View Account and Transaction Details
The Home Screen displays a summary of all your accounts, including account balances, interest rate and payments due.
To view account details, highlight the account row and click the information bubble to the left of the Account Summary. You will see a pop-up box with details about this account. Click "CLOSE" button when finished.
To view transaction details, highlight the account row and click the "Account Activity" button below the Account Summary. Transaction details from the last 13 months are displayed.
Online Banking tables can be customized to suit your needs by dragging and dropping the columns. You can also change column widths. To save changes, click "Settings" in the upper right on the screen and then "Save" in the pop-up box. Additional settings can be adjusted in the pop-up box.
You can print any table in Online Banking by clicking the "Print" icon in the top right of the screen. You can export tables by clicking the "Export" button at the bottom of the screen.
Additional instructions and features can be found in the Help section at the top right of the screen.
The Statement and Bills tab in the top navigation will display links to annual statements, monthly statements and your most recent bill within the last 60 days.
Simply log out when you are finished.
How to Request Paperless Bills and Statements
Request Online Statements in a few simple steps.
- Click "Account Access" then select Online Banking to log in to your account.
- Click "Turn Off Paper Bills and Statements."
- Select "Yes" from the drop-down menu to turn off statements and bills.
- Click the "Send" button at the bottom of the screen.
How to Make a Payment
- Click the "Pay Now" tab or the "I Would Like to Make a Payment" tool. Pay Now is the fastest and easiest way to make a payment on your accounts. Pay Now will only allow payment for billed amounts, with the option of adding special principal. Other payments can be made through the "I Would Like To" tools.
- To pay your Rural 1st account through Pay Now, click the "Pay Now" tab at the top of the Home Page. All accounts with Payments Due are automatically selected. If you choose not to pay one or more of the accounts, unselect those accounts. You can add extra principal to this payment.
- Select the effective date from the calendar. This can be any business day in the future.
- Select the bank account you would like to make the payment from and click "Submit."
- The pop-up box describes the scheduled payment. Review this information for accuracy and click "OK." Canceling the payment will allow you to make changes and resubmit it.
- Pending transactions will appear on the Transfer/Payment screen. Pending transactions can be deleted any time prior to 6 p.m. Eastern Time the day before they are scheduled to occur.
- You can also schedule your payment with the "I Would Like To tools." Click "Make a Payment." Fill in the Transfer Funds pop-up box with the payment details. The transfer type will default to "Transfer In" for payments. Select the bank account you want to transfer the funds from and the Rural 1st account you want to transfer the funds to. From the calendar, select a date you would like the payment to be effective. The payment effective date can be any business day in the future.
- Select a type of transaction, such as billed payment, recurring payment, one-time payment, interest-only payment or special principal payment.
- Input the amount of the payment. This is not required for an as-billed payment. If you have selected a recurring payment, it will be necessary to select a recurring frequency.
- Allocate how to apply any excess funds. In most cases, this is a necessary field.
- Input a memo line to help you identify the payment. (This is NOT a required field.) Click "Submit."
- On the Verify Transfer screen, you can confirm the payment, modify it or cancel it.
- Once confirmed, you will see a confirmation screen. You may print it from here. You will also receive a confirmation email in your inbox. Close this window.
- Pending transactions will appear on the "Transfer Payment" screen. Pending transactions can be deleted any time prior to 6 p.m. Eastern Time on the day before they are scheduled to occur.
How to View Copies of Paid Drafts
You can view draft information in the Transaction Details.
- To view Transaction Details, highlight the Account row and click the "Account Activity" button just below the Account Summary.
- Sight drafts are listed in the Transaction Details, and the draft number is a hyperlink to the draft image. Click on the draft number to view images of paid drafts. You will need to enable pop-ups for this website if your web browser blocks them.
- A PDF of your draft will appear in a new window, showing both the front and back of the draft. Simply close the window when you are finished.
- Account Activity will display the last 13 months of transaction and draft history. You can see older drafts through the Draft Images tab. All drafts existing before your online banking enrollment date will display under the first login date on the Draft Images tab.